If you like the taste of artichokes, then you'll like this Artichoke Potato Soup. On cold winter evenings, my kids enjoy this with crackers. And the potatoes in the soup give it enough girth to work as a family dinner.
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil28 ounces (800 grams) artichoke hearts, quartered2 medium onions, chopped4 celery stalks, chopped2 garlic cloves, minced3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped6 cups vegetable broth1/2 tsp. salt1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepperfresh parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
1. In a soup pot, heat oil. Add artichokes, onions and celery. Cook until the onions are soft. 2. Stir in garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add potatoes and vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft enough to mash.
5. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
6. You can adjust seasonings by adding salt and/or pepper. You can adjust consistency to desired thickness by adding broth. Garnish with fresh parsley.